Sunday, January 6, 2013

Basement build: Drywall

Prior to finishing my basement I had seen plenty of drwall hung at work and on TV but had never done it my self.  After hanging two sheets I got the hang of it.  The project took roughly 40 sheets of 1/2" 4'x8' sheets.  I bought the lightweight sheets at HD.  I used my impact driver to install all the self tapping screws into the metal studs.  Luckily, since we left the ceiling exposed I didn't have to frame and drywall many soffits.  Here are some pics of the drywall installed:







 
Again I got lucky and my buddy steve was kind enough to volunteer to finish the drywall.  I was not about to try and finish the drywall with no prior experience.  I bought all the products at HD.  Our first coat covered the joint tape.  It took another two toping coats to get it right. At the end of a few late nights it turned out awesome.  Big thanks to Steve!!  Here are some pics:



































thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment